Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reason #642


I just had the busiest week ever. I did the morning show on KNIX all week. That means I get up at 2:45 am, and get home around 10 am. I also had all my lessons and riding to do. That is about 20 hours a week. Then I volunteered to co-host a wives coffee with Cheyenne on Wednesday night. (I committed to it last December) Then I am moving my horse and had to meet and ride for the new farm owners as a try out Thursday at noon. Then I had the air show this week. That means be at the squadron at noon on Friday. Then I had a horse show on Saturday. Up at 6, ride 2 horses, coach two other students! Now today I am working at the airshow 9 - 2. WHEW!

This week was so busy, that many other things got neglected. Some examples are the house, laundry, kitchen, dishes, floors, dogs, and The Chad. The other thing that was severely neglected was sleep. I think I averaged 4 hours for every 24 hour period for the last 7 days.

Yes, I used to have a busy schedule all of the time. I should be used to getting up early. Well, that is easy--- when you block out 3 hours of the day for a nap. I didn't have that luxury this week.

Needless to say, by Saturday, things were a disaster. I had to get up at 6am to get out to the horse show. Chad woke up and asked if I wanted him to come with me, or could he stay home and study. I told him OF COURSE stay home and have some study time.

After 7 hours at the barn in the hot sun riding, I was a mess. There was nothing I could do about it. I was hungry and in a coma. I trudge home, barely able to speak. I am dusty, hungry, thirsty and exhausted.

What do I find when I walk in the house?

My house is immaculate. Laundry that was piled high is now neatly folded. Dishes that were stacked and over flowing in the sink are nowhere to be found. The recycle bin and trash cans are empty! Items that had dust on them are shining. Shelves that were in disarray are neatly placed in order. My closet - the tornado of shoes and clothes, is organized! Everything is CLEAN!!! Do you believe it!?!?!?!? I almost started crying.

To make things more amazing, Chad had made me lunch! Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Then after lunch, I am sent to bed. Blissful sleep is to be mine. On the brand new clean sheets he just put on the bed.

Yes, reason #642 that I love The Chad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm smiling! Love you two! Oh, I thought of you yesterday as Rachel was riding her Radio Flyer horse while watching Mary Poppins! I can't wait to have you show her how to sit on a real horse!!!

    ReplyDelete