Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day















I haven't missed a Braves Opening Day in almost ten years. I always go with my brother Josh. I was a bit sad not to be able to do so this year. Above is a photo of Chad and I with Terri and Aaron (Ice), and a view from our suite!

So, in lieu of going to Turner Field, we went to the D-Backs opening day, where they took on the Colorado Rockies. I went of course to watch Baseball, but also because of the pre-game festivities. Chad did the flyover! Just as they finished the national anthem, ZOOM! Here comes 4 planes in perfect formation! The one on the left is Chad! (I will have a picture of that soon!)





It was also cool, as we got the VIP treatment! We got to sit in the Suite directly behind home plate, then the guys got to go stand on the Home dugout in the 7th inning stretch to get introduced! It was so cool to see the crowd go crazy when they got introduced. People were visibly moved, cheering and thanking the guys for their service.



In some pics I will have later, you will see the players in the dugout all clapping for the guys. One player even tossed the Lt. Colonel (Rico) a ball! It was great.


















How cool is that! I am right behind Chad, and I took this when he was on the big screen!

3 comments:

  1. So cool to see Chad on the big screen! And, of course, I totally see your head!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty component to content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact loved account your weblog posts.
    Anyway I'll be subscribing for your feeds and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to
    persistently quickly.

    Feel free to visit my website averybnmorris.bloggd.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. For newest news you have to go to see web and on the web I found
    this web site as a finest web site for latest updates.

    Here is my blog post :: web page - ,

    ReplyDelete