Monday, June 8, 2009

So much to say

This blog will be meaningless to most, but I just have to spill some stuff right now, and I don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. I guess that is why I have a blog!
Chad is out of town... Again. He is on a fishing trip in Canada, where last night he had to hike to the ONE payphone in the city, where he used the calling card he had to buy to get a hold of me. This is going to be a tough week without having him to talk to. Maybe because it is so much seems to be going on at the moment, and he is here for none of it. He has been out of town for three of the last four weeks, and this whole time I have been applying and interviewing for jobs.

When I first moved here, I went to the local Equine Hospital and applied. That was last August. I have seen the vets around and always reminded them that I would love to work there. So on Friday, I get a voicemail from the owner of the clinic. He nonchalantly calls me and tells me to come on in and work on Monday morning, and to call him back if I have any questions. It was SO random. I applied last AUGUST! And yes, I called him back with questions... Anyway, I am leaving for work in about an hour! (The clinic is 3 miles from my house. Can you believe it?!)


With my first day on the job on my mind, I sat down to check my email. Lo and behold, I have an email from one of the local radio stations that I interviewed with. They want me to come in for a second interview. They want me to do some "mock newscasts" so they can hear how I sound in that setting. And they want me in sooner than later...

OK, I have lived here for ten months, and the only work I have found is through riding and teaching. I built up a little part time business riding and training, but have continuously been trying to get another part time gig. And now, with Chad out of town, and my part time business going well, I am faced with decisions. Sort of.

I have so many questions I am being faced with. In the next two or three days, those questions will be answered, but then I will have some tough decisions!

Do I keep riding and teaching, and work at the clinic? Will there be time to do both? How much will I be working at the clinic? Will I like it? If the radio station wants me to work there, what do I do then? Do I just quit everything and work in my career field? Would I like that format, since it would be new? Do I not take that job, and just stick with what I am currently doing? Can I do all three? Will we be living here in a few months? Where are we going to go? Will any of this job stuff matter in a few months? Arrgh!

I wish Chad were here to help me sort through this stuff. Oh well. Guess I am going to have to be a big girl and figure it out on my own.


Just to lighten up things, here is a picture from this past weekend. I went up to Lake Pleasant with some friends. I took the dogs, so they would have some fun. Well, Riddy had a blast. There were so many kids there, and she was just in heaven. This little girl hugged and hugged Riddy, and as you can see, Riddy was not opposed. I think she would have gone home with her in a second!


1 comment:

  1. Call me whenever! I'll play the role of Chad for you!! And I can already tell you, he'll tell you to follow your heart and do what makes you happy! Happy Jamie = Happy Chad!

    ReplyDelete