Monday, July 6, 2009

I am so hard core!


This past July 4th weekend, I did things quite differently than I usually do. Every year, it's get up, run the Peachtree with Dad and Josh, go to some radio job that I have, then to Lenox mall for fireworks with the family.

Since I now live in Phoenix, and Chad had a 4 day weekend, we decided to go on a trip! Not too far, just 2 hours up the road to Sedona, AZ. The place is famous for it's beauty, red rock formations, and great mountain bike riding and hiking.

There were four couples that went for a great outdoorsy weekend. Hammer (James) and Amy, Goose (Danny) and Monica, Ice (Aaron) and Terri, and Skate (Chad) and I. Please make note that all of the OTHER couples are engaged... Yep, I was the only GIRLFRIEND there. Also please note that when I made friends with these other girls, they were "Just Girlfriends" like me! I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....

ANYWAY, we had a blast! I am so sore from riding my bike, but it was so amazing and fun! It was so fun to do something that we could all do together. The playing field was more level in this sport than other outdoor activities we all do.
Chad and I went to the top of a mountain, and riding down below was Goose and Monica!
Terri was the Domino champion!
We had a great time sitting on the patio having dinner and playing Dominoes!Monica and I left the guys to try a harder trail, and we went out on our own. We are so hardcore! I was just glad I figured out the timer thingie on my camera! I propped it up on the seat of my bike and got the one above...

And now, the best picture of Riddy ever!

1 comment:

  1. Good times!! You ARE hard core! So sad we won't see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete