Monday, October 19, 2009

My Big Weekend!



This past weekend, I competed in the Championship Division at the Grass Ridge Horse Trials in Sonoita, AZ. Demure and I qualified for it the last time we competed. I won't get in to all the details because they would bore you to death, but it was the winners from other horse trials competing against eachother.

Well, my pony was a superstar! There were things neither one of us had seen on the course, and he just flew over all of them! That is what a truly brave horse does. We were really a "team" out there. I just pointed him at whatever obstacle was in our way, and he put all of his heart in it.

We won! I get to keep the trophy for a year! My name will be engraved on it, and it will be passed on to others. Who knows, maybe Jet and I will win it next year! Demure is moving on up.





After the big victory, we had to celebrate! Sonoita, AZ is very famous for it's wineries. What, you haven't heard of it? Um, well, me neither. We went to a winery "downtown" and never saw one grape. It was good though! From L-R is Lucy, me, Misa, and Anna. Thanks for coming! And yes, I was obnoxious enough to carry the trophy in to the tasting room!

7 comments:

  1. Hell YA! You are so modest! When I asked you how you did... you only said... "I should have the blog up tomorrow". HAHAHA... Congratulations! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! You would walk around with your big trophy :D. You beat the best of that competition, I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a STUD!!! Rock on!!! (and btw- this story didn't show up in my feed.. am I off the hook?) I can't remember who, but with in the last month someone I was chatting with said they want to put their kids in horse back riding lessons... Is that something that I could refer them to you? I don't think they had their own horse.. Just curious.. since you are a prize winning gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you and Mure!!! That is absolutley fantastic news! What an amazing horse he is and how he adores you and will do anything for you :) That trophy is well deserved. Congrats lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win! I would love to watch you ride sometime! I really miss the barn atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete