Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sad News and Happy News.

When I moved to Arizona over one year ago, I was nervous about being here for so many reasons. Where would I work, what would I do, would things with Chad work, would I find any friends? Looking at things now, I never should have worried at all. I have a job, life is great, I am engaged to the greatest man on the planet, and I found in a very short time two of my best friends I will ever have.

The sad news is that one of them is leaving. Seeing that I am new to the air force life, I am not used to people coming and going every few years. This coming Monday, Terri and Aaron (Ice) are moving to Las Vegas. I know that isn't too far away in the grand scheme of things, but it isn't just down the road, either!
I will really miss our "Music Nights," where Aaron and I sang and played guitar. Guess Chad is going to have to keep practicing so I have someone to play with!
Terri is one of the sweetest most giving people I have ever met. She instantly made me feel welcome to Arizona, and made me part of her family. We have had countless good times over the last year, and I am not quite sure how Arizona will feel without her in it. When we all met, we were "just girlfriends," and now, look what happened!
Monica and I will still have each other, maybe for another year! I do know that I have made two lifelong friends. We will miss you Terri!!!
The good news is that we have a new family member! Chad and I are adopting a horse from "Sheriff Joe's Tent City." "Jet," as we are calling him, was confiscated from his previous owners almost two years ago. He came to the place emaciated after being tied to a tree outside an abandoned home. He was found, brought to the jail, and has been rehabbed by the police officers in the Maricopa County jail. I found him because at the Clinic we do all of the vet work for the jail. He is a big sweet boy, and Chad is excited to have his own horse! (Of course, he will most likely only stay with us for a few months while I train him, and then find him a home!) We go pick him up on Saturday morning.

Jet is an 8 year old Thoroughbred gelding, and after doing the research on him, I found out a few interesting things! He raced 21 times, won 6 races, and earned over 25thousand dollars. He is also the son of 1992 Kentucky Derby winner, Lil E Tee. The son of a derby winner, living in Tent City, being taken care of by inmates of the prison... How does that happen?

Well, he will have the taste of grass, love and freedom, beginning Saturday morning. Probably an apple too!

4 comments:

  1. So handsome! Congrats on the newest addition! I know you'll miss your friend...I wish I could make that all better, but I know God will surround you with new friends! Love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! I think the name fits him, and I can't wait to meet him Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you babe! You friendship means the world to me! God sure has blessed us to meet! I am SO happy for your new baby! He is adorable!

    -Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is very cute! Jamie, you have such a good heart. What a lucky boy to have you caring for him. :)

    ReplyDelete